Experiencing occasional anxiety is a normal part of life. However, it can become an everyday struggle and affect your sleeping patterns. When this occurs, there are ways to subdue anxiety and insomnia.
Anxiety, stemming from the fight or flight response, activates two systems in your body from the hypothalamus, the sympathetic nervous system and the adrenal-cortical system. The sympathetic nervous system uses nerve pathways to initiate reactions in the body, and the adrenal-cortical system uses the bloodstream. The combined effects of these two systems are the fight-or-flight response. It is the second system that creates the insomnia.
Knowing how it works is the first step in fixing it. Nutrients for adrenal health, cardiovascular exercise for pollutant release and deeper sleep, meditation for calming thought patterns, and essential oils for mind and body rejuvenation are the key combinations in reversing anxiety and insomnia.
- Focus on foods such as fish, lean meats, eggs, legumes, nuts, green leafy vegetables, low sugar fruits, low-fat dairy or dairy alternatives, and whole grains for optimal adrenal health.
- Add supplements to lower anxiety, increase focus and concentration, and offer deeper sleep patterns such as vitamins B and C and magnesium. Start with small amounts of the supplements such as 250 mcg of B12, 500 mg of C, and 200 mg of magnesium.
- Drink plenty of water and avoid sodas. Have a cup of chamomile tea a couple times a week.
- Stay on a scheduled eating routine with three regular meals and a small snack in between.
- Make time for daily cardio exercise to get that heart rate up and sweat out pollutants. Even 15 to 30 minutes a day will make a difference.
- Meditate at least once a day for 10 minutes. Try a meditation app to walk you through easy and effective mediation practices.
- Keep a journal and write down one thing that is bothering you and one potential way to solve it each day or even once a week.
- Utilize essential oils such as lavender or frankincense on pulse points in the morning or try an essential oil magnesium spray (coming soon on our website!) on feet before bed.
Remember that anxiety and insomnia will alleviate as you take measures to nourish your body, calm your mind, and reassure yourself that you are in control.
Eat for your internal body system health and reap the benefits to shine inside and out. Her Signature optimizes each of your body’s systems for overall health and well-being.
Take the assessment and choose health today.